Our team prepared for You the set of simple and useful security tips which are really useful both in a daily life and when You are leaving home for holidays or to work.
We know that most of the tips are really simple and probably You know them, but have a quick look and maybe you will find something useful.
Plenty of the burglaries could have been avoided, if the simplest rules had been respected.
If You have any further questions please contact us.
Make sure that all of your doors, locks and windows close and open properly and You are able to lock and unlock each of them.
- Make sure that Your keys are not bent and cracked and all of them work properly in the locks, on the both sides of the door.
- Make sure that You are able to escape easily from your property in case of an emergency. We highly recommend to check if your locks conform to fire norms.
- Make sure that you have up-to-date locks and property insurance.
- Always keep your property keys with you, even if You are opening the door to the courier or to unloading your car.
- Do not leave your property keys on display.
- Before opening your front door, look through your door viewer or window.
- Keep your all external doors locked when not using them.
- Keep garage doors locked (padlock)
- Draw the curtains or close the shutters before going to bed.
- Ensure that your windows are secure and locked.
- Make sure all security lights work.
- If you are on holiday or a weekend away set timers for lights, radio, tv set or other devices to pretend someone is at home.
While you are leaving home switch the alarm on if you have one.
When you moving house always change locks, because you never know how many sets of keys were produced before.
Ask your reliable local locksmith for free survey of your home security and upgrade it if necessary.
Ensure the locksmith you chose is fully insured.
- Replace or install new locks suitable to BS 3621.
Avoid posting holiday plans, pictures of the ongoing holidays on social networking sites, especially on Facebook, where strangers may see them.
- Inform your neighbours when you go on holidays.
- Uncollected mail is a sign that you are away. The Royal Mail’s ‘Keepsafe’ service will keep your mail for up to 2 months while you are away. Set it up.
12 Tara Court
6 Court Downs Road
BR3 6TG Beckenham
Kent, Greater London
Phone 0208 191 8522
Mobile 073 9524 2073
Monday - Saturday: 6 am - 9 pm
Sunday - closed